UEG promotes and funds educational projects in the field of digestive health in our efforts to advance and harmonise the training and continuing education of professionals, and to improve clinical standards and services to reduce health inequalities across Europe.
In line with these efforts UEG’s educational strategy is furthermore based on the competencies outlined in the European specialty training programme and curriculum for gastroenterology and hepatology, the so-called Blue Book.
Which activities does UEG support?
The UEG Activity Grant scheme funds innovative and multidisciplinary educational projects that promote collaboration, interdisciplinarity and modern teaching methods across Europe and which are coordinated by UEG Member Societies and other providers of education in the field of digestive health.
Specific types of supported activities:
• Live Educational Events
• Online Courses
• Standards & Guidelines Initiatives
If you are interested in applying for support, you find all details below.
Application is closed.
Applicants will be informed about the status of their application by July 2019.
- The project language is English.
- Applications must be submitted online through the provided form, pdf applications will not be accepted.
- Applications and any additional material (documents, reports, etc.) or digital reference stated in applications must be submitted in English.
- Only complete applications submitted within the deadline and adhering to the conditions set will be accepted for review.
- Project outcome will be made available for dissemination through UEG communications and publications in coordination with the organiser (e.g. UEG Journal, UEG Week related publications, website, UEG Library, etc.).
- Initiatives that receive funding from UEG will mention UEG’s sponsoring and endorsement on their website and in other publications referring to the initiative (e.g. course programmes, scientific publications).
- Final selection of supported programmes will be taken by end of June 2019.
We fund live educational events organised by UEG Member Societies. We aim to endorse teaching activities held in Europe and in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea and which teach the management of gastroenterological, pancreatobiliary and hepatic diseases to improve the standard of care. The events shall be collaborative and interdisciplinary, use best educational practice, promote equality regarding gender, and nationality, and support less prosperous countries in Europe.
We fund the development and publication of 1-hour online courses produced by a UEG Member Society or an individual endorsed by a UEG Member Society. The online courses should teach or underpin the management of gastroenterological, pancreatobiliary and hepatic diseases to improve the standard of care. Check out existing online courses
We fund 2 types of initiatives:
- Type A: Dissemination of existing guidelines and standards included in the UEG Standards & Guidelines Repository
- Type B: Development of new clinical practice guidelines in selected areas
Initiatives are coordinated by UEG Member Societies. In the selection of initiatives that will be funded, a particular focus is set on supporting underserved areas in digestive health and on fostering standardisation of care in underprivileged regions.