Lifetime Achievement Award
Each year UEG recognises outstanding individuals who have made fundamental contributions to gastroenterology as a whole and the UEG community in particular.
Awardees have helped to improve the lives of people with gastrointestinal diseases and their contributions, leadership and impact have been of importance for the UEG community. Their work is widely acknowledged by the gastroenterological community.
Nomination is closed.
Nominationing societies will be informed by July 2018.
Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists
- who have had a career spanning at least 30 years and are widely acknowledged by the broader gastroenterological community
- whose outstanding accomplishments have improved the lives of people with GI diseases
- whose contributions, leadership and impact have been of importance for the UEG community
- 2017: Anthony Axon, United Kingdom
- 2016: Günter J. Krejs, Austria
- 2015: Chris Hawkey, United Kingdom
- 2014: Christoph Beglinger, Switzerland
- 2013: Giovanni Gasbarrini, Italy
- 2012: Jean-Paul Galmiche, France
- 2011: Hermon Dowling, United Kingdom
- 2010: Juan-R. Malagelada, Spain
- 2009: Guido Tytgat, The Netherlands