UEG awards € 50,000 to a researcher in 2019 to spend 12 months working with a renowned European principal investigator.
The programme will be an excellent opportunity for young talents to take the next step in their scientific career, by carrying out an extensive research project that they cannot do in their home institution, by building their network and by learning new research skills.
Carefully read the complete information for applicants, before you submit your application. The criteria must be adhered to and late submissions will not be accepted.
Application is closed.
The grant is open to both basic and clinical researchers, and to both medical graduates and non-medical graduates.
At the time of application, applicants for the programme must:
- be clinical or basic researchers specialised in digestive diseases according to their track record
- have completed their PhD, but no longer than three years ago OR
- be in gastroenterology/hepatology/surgery training, or have completed it within the last three years
- have significant research experience
- be fluent in English
- reside in Europe or the Mediterranean area
The grant will be awarded to the same recipient only once.
Candidates must approach a principal investigator who would host them before applying.
Hosting principal investigators must:
- be based in Europe or the Mediterranean area
- not be based in the fellow’s current country of residence
- be able to provide research training to a fellow for a period of 12 months
- be willing to provide organisational assistance to the fellow (e.g. support in finding accommodation)