A central element of our work is helping to fund innovative educational programmes, as well as international scientific cooperations.
Each year we support a range of activities and projects and call for our Member Societies to partner up and apply for financial support.
Application is closed.
Applicants will be informed by July 2016 about the status of their applications.
Types of supported activities
With this support, UEG funds educational programmes in form of onsite meetings, courses, workshops, symposia or other educational events from all UEG Member Societies. We aim to endorse teaching activities in which attendees will be taught the management of gastroenterological diseases to improve the standard of care.
We support such activities with up to € 25,000 covering up to 100% of the total costs.
Application deadline for meetings organised in 2017: April 20, 2016
Training Support in 2016
Supported Long-term projects
This interdisciplinary and educationally innovative project with a long-term vision in the field of digestive diseases will receive up to € 100,000 within 3 years:
- Fecal Microbiota Transplantation Dissemination Project (EAGEN, EHMSG)
Supported Educational activities in 2016
The following educational programmes will receive up to € 25,000 for high quality multi- and interdisciplinary teaching in Europe:
- Upper GI Endoscopy & Neoplasia (ESGE, ESDO)
- Gastrointestinal Microbiota in Health and Disease. What is the current evidence? (EAGEN, EHMSG)
- Gastric cancer: from bench to bedside (EAGEN, EHMSG, ESDO)
- Immunity, Microbiome - The Health and Disease Interactions (EAGEN, EHMSG)
- Clinical Decisions in Digestive Diseases (EAGEN, EHMSG, MACEDONIA)
- 2nd International Workshop Therapeutic Digestive Endoscopy in Children (ESPGHAN, ESGE)
- 10th EDS Postgraduate Course (EDS, EF-ISDS)
- ESPGHAN Post Graduate Course on practical techniques in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology& Nutrition (ESPGHAN , ESNM, HSG)
- ESPGHAN Pediatric Hepatology Summer School (ESPGHAN)
- Hands-On Gastrointestinal Motility Training Course (ESNM, TURKEY)
- “Pancreatic Cancer” Where we are now? Where are we going? (EFISDS)
- 1 st EDS Surgical Skills Course (EDS, EFISDS)
- Cystic Fibrosis related Liver disease monothematic conference - Master class (ESPGHAN)
- Challenges in coloproctology (EFISDS)
- Update in chronic digestive diseases: What is changing, what is challenging? (Societatea Română de Gastroenterologie şi Hepatologi)
Supported long-term projects in 2015
These interdisciplinary and educationally innovative projects with a long-term vision in the field of digestive diseases receive up to € 100,000 within 3 years:
- International Gastrointestinal Motility and Function Working Group (ESNM, ESCP, Turkish National Society & BSG)
- Fit for the future in Gastroenterology (EAGEN & EHMSG)
Supported educational activities in 2015
The following educational programmes received up to € 25,000 for high quality multi- and interdisciplinary teaching in Europe:
- Quality in Endoscopy ERCP & EUS (ESGE, EASL & ESGAR)
- Hepatobiliary, pancreatic and GI tract neoplasms: a multidisciplinary imaging approach (ESGAR & ESDO)
- 9th EDS Postgraduate Course Riga, Latvia (EDS & EFISDS)
- Quality in Endoscopy Colonoscopy & colonic neoplasms (ESGE & ESDO)
- “Burning issues in Pancreatology” (EFISDS & EPC)
- ESPGHAN Endoscopy Summer School 2015 (ESPGAN & ESGE)
- ESPGHAN Nutrition Summer School 2015 (ESPGHAN)
- CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY AND PRENEOPLASTIC CONDITIONS IN GASTROENTEROLOGY AND HEPATOLOGY (EAGEN & EHMSG)
- Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (EAGEN)
- Modern Society lifestyle, nutrition and GI disorders (EAGEN & EHMSG)
- XXVIIIth International Workshop on Helicobacter and microbiota in chronic digestive inflammation (EHMSG & ESPGHAN)