Visiting Fellowship Programme for Researchers
We support five gastroenterology researchers with visiting fellowships to spend two weeks at a renowned European training centre in 2018/19. Each researcher receives € 1,250 to contribute to travel and accommodation costs.
With this programme, we aim to increase the interaction between young researchers and prestigious European training centres, as well as to create new windows of clinical and scientific collaboration.
Application is closed.
Congratulations to all UEG Visiting Fellowship Programme participants in 2017/18!
- Anna Kagramanova, Russian Federation
Host centre: Translational Research Center for GI Disorders (TARGID) , Leuven, Belgium
- Peter Khalil, Egypt
Host centre: Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Marius Kryzauskas, Lithuania
Host centre: Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Germany
- James McIlroy, United Kingdom
Host centre: A. Gemelli University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Applicants for the fellowship programme must
- be clinical or basic researchers in the field of gastroenterology and/or hepatology according to their track record (publications, abstract presentations).
- have at least one previous publication in a peer-reviewed journal as first author.
- be 40 years of age or younger (born on January 1, 1978 or later). *
- reside in Europe or the Mediterranean area (countries that are bordering the Mediterranean Sea).
- be fluent in English.
* add two years to age limit per child as main carer.
A maximum of five applicants from the same department are accepted. Candidates are allowed to participate in the Visiting Fellowship for researchers only once.