Rising Stars Award
Every year the National Societies Committee and the UEG Scientific Committee jointly select 6-8 emerging clinical scientists as Rising Stars.
Based on a track record of international quality research and developing scientific independence. This initiative provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further evolve their professional career.
Application for Rising Stars 2020 opens on June 3, 2019.
Rising Stars 2019 (in alphabetical order)
Thomas Bird, United Kingdom
Johan Burisch, Denmark
Sarwa Darwish Murad, Netherlands
Ihsan Ekin Demir, Germany
Sheraz Markar, United Kingdom
Jean Charles Nault, France
María Jesús Perugorria, Spain
Thomas Reiberger, Austria
Congratulations to this year’s awardees, who will give their Rising Star presentations at UEG Week Barcelona 2019!
- Clinical scientists at any level (but a full professor title will not be accepted)
- 40 years of age or younger at the time of application*
- Must have as country of residence Europe and/or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea
- Candidates may apply maximum 3 times for the Rising Star Award
*add two years to age limit per child as main carer
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and carefully read the criteria for applicants and selection process
- Download and complete the application form
- Download the template for society’s support confirmation (to be completed and signed by the supporting society)
- Submit the completed forms via the online application (open June 3 - Sept 5, 2019)