UEG offers 510 Travel Grants up to € 750 for clinical and basic scientists of 40 years of age and below:
- 200 grants for best submitted clinical science abstracts
- 140 grants for best submitted basic science abstracts
- 170 grants for best submitted abstracts presented by scientists from economically disadvantaged countries
Travel grants are awarded on the basis of scientific merit using the evaluation process of the Scientific Committee. Basic science Travel Grants must be supported by a letter from the Head of Department. This letter needs to be signed by the department head and should include a summary of current research and how it relates to basic science. This letter is only required once the basic science Travel Grant has been approved.
Awardees are notified about the Travel Grant once their abstract has been accepted for presentation. The grant is paid via bank transfer after the congress. The presenting author needs to present a valid ID card or passport (for identification and age verification) at the Travel Grant counter, located in the registration area of the venue.
- Applicants must be 40 years of age or younger at the time of the meeting (born October 24, 1978 or later; add two years to age limit per child as main carer).
- The grant must be applied for when submitting an abstract via the abstract submission portal.
- The grant can only be awarded once per abstract presenter per meeting.