Evidence Based Medicine Course
October 19-20, 2019
The next UEG Evidence Based Medicine Course will be held on the occasion of UEG Week Barcelona 2019. The meeting’s educational goal is to intensify the flow of knowledge from academic research to clinical practice.
Combining interdisciplinary clinical cases with questions of diagnosis and therapy, the course programme tackles the range of questions that occur when searching for information that allows one to base clinical practice on scientific evidence. During this highly interactive course, short faculty lectures alternate with group work in small teams and inclusive discussions.
Apply by July 12, 2019.
- Formulate clinical questions and make them answerable in a scientific way
- Search for and select relevant literature for scrutinising and critical appraisal
- Learn how to critically appraise different types of study design, and decide whether or not to incorporate the findings into your own clinical practice
- Recognise the leaking pipeline of evidence and explain barriers to transfer evidence in clinical practice
- Name and explain basic principles in adult learning theories in context of EBM teaching
- Clinicians in gastroenterology of all ages, from all career levels
- Preferably past participants of UEG’s Young Investigators Meeting and/or Summer School
Venue & accomodation
Fira de Barcelona
Gran Via venue
North Access – Hall 8
Calle Foc 35
08038 Barcelona, Spain
UEG will organise accommodation from October 18-20, 2019 (2 nights) and cover the costs for all participants.
Participation in the Evidence Based Medicine Course is through selection only. A maximum of 40 participants will be invited.
The following criteria are taken into account:
- Quality of the submitted motivation letter
- Having published of at least one article in an English-language journal
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated
To achieve diversity within the course, regional and gender balance will also be taken into consideration. Preference will be given to members of a UEG National or Specialist Member Society. The membership status has to be proven by uploading a document that confirms the membership for the year of the course.
Please note that these criteria have no absolute delimitations and no legal weight.
An adequate level of English is required to be able to properly follow the content of the course.
Selected participants will be notified via e-mail. A registration payment of € 150 via online bank transfer is then required to confirm the registration.
- Free course material
- 2 nights of accommodation (single room)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to € 300 per participant after the event
- 1 dinner with participants & faculty
- Sandwich lunches and coffee breaks throughout the course
All selected participants are required to attend the Evidence Based Medicine Course in its entirety to receive the travel reimbursement. Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.