Evidence Based Medicine Course
Why you should attend the Evidence Based Medicine Course
October 19-20, 2019
The UEG Evidence Based Medicine Course was held on the occasion of UEG Week Barcelona 2019. The meeting’s educational goal is to intensify the flow of knowledge from academic research to clinical practice.
Combining interdisciplinary clinical cases with questions of diagnosis and therapy, the course programme tackles the range of questions that occur when searching for information that allows one to base clinical practice on scientific evidence. During this highly interactive course, short faculty lectures alternate with group work in small teams and inclusive discussions.
- Formulate clinical questions and make them answerable in a scientific way
- Search for and select relevant literature for scrutinising and critical appraisal
- Learn how to critically appraise different types of study design, and decide whether or not to incorporate the findings into your own clinical practice
- Recognise the leaking pipeline of evidence and explain barriers to transfer evidence in clinical practice
- Name and explain basic principles in adult learning theories in context of EBM teaching
- Clinicians in gastroenterology of all ages, from all career levels
- Preferably past participants of UEG’s Young Investigators Meeting and/or Summer School
The UEG Evidence Based Medicine Course 2019, Barcelona, Spain, 19/10/2019-20/10/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 12 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.