Young Investigators Meeting
House of European Gastroenterology
This course specialises in the fields of research, statistics and the writing of papers. Its intense and lively lectures and discussions are combined with interactive training sessions. Presentations by participants provide the ideal environment to share ideas and personal experiences.
Important information on the current situation
In accordance with measures surrounding the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Young Investigators Meeting will no longer take place in April 2020. Details for the Young Investigators Meeting 2021 will be available on this page shortly.
- Design and perform gastroenterology-related research
- Analyse research data
- Perform statistical analysis
- Present research in front of an audience
- Clinicians and basic scientists in the early stages of their careers
- < 1 year of research experience
- Individuals currently working towards their first master’s degree or recent graduates with their first master’s degree
- Age 35 and below
Participation in the Young Investigators Meeting is through selection only. A maximum of 30 participants will be invited. The following criteria are taken into account:
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated
- Less than 1 year of research experience preferred
- Age 35 and below
To achieve diversity within the course, regional and gender balance will also be taken into consideration. Preference will be given to members of a UEG National or Specialist Member Society. The membership status has to be proven by uploading a document that confirms the membership for the year of the course.
Please note that these criteria have no absolute delimitations and no legal weight.
Selected participants will be notified via e-mail. A registration payment of € 50 via online bank transfer is then required to confirm the registration.
- Course registration and course material
- 2 nights of accommodation (single room)
- 1 dinner with participants and faculty
- Lunches and coffee breaks throughout the course
All selected participants are required to attend the Young Investigators Meeting in its entirety.
Each individual may participate in this classroom course only once.