EU Funding: What UEG Can Offer - Do not miss our Horizon 2020 Session at UEG Week Vienna
Meet with peers managing European research grants in digestive health research and learn how UEG can support your application to EU funding! Tuesday, October 23, 14:00-15:30, Hall 8, Room N1.
Do not miss our Horizon 2020 Session at UEG Week ViennaMeet with peers managing European research grants in digestive health research and learn how UEG can support your application to EU funding! Tuesday, October 23, 14:00-15:30, Room N1. Chaired by UEG Research Board Chair Arthur Kaser and Grigorij Kogan, European Commission Representative. The session will feature:
- An introduction on funding opportunities for digestive health research in Horizon 2020
- Case studies and role models in digestive health research: from leading a huge Horizon 2020 research consortium, to winning a Marie-Curie fellowship, to applying for an ERC grant
- A presentation how UEG can effectively support your application to EU Funding
Why should you attend?
- See the many ways and options to have your research ideas funded in H2020.
- Learn from your peers who have successfully applied for EU funding and are managing large funds.
- Ask your personal questions to high-level researchers, enjoy the interactive and lively session setting.
- Network and exchange with colleagues onsite.
- Discuss with UEG leadership on forthcoming initiatives to support your application to research funding.
Find out more the session, timings and faculty in the UEG Week online programmeThe present EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020, holds unprecedented financial support for researchers. Running from 2014 to 2020, the programme earmarks a total of 80 billion euros for distribution, including for medical research. This giant promotion fund is holding compelling opportunities for aspiring gastroenterologists with innovative ideas! Learn how to get at the funds. See you on Tuesday, October 23, 14:00-15:30, Room N1!
Horizon 2020 Application Support
We support your pan-European consortium forming initiatives in the exploratory phase of applications to Horizon 2020 funding. Via simple, competitive grants
Our mission is to facilitate research in digestive health. Applying for EU research funding is a time-consuming and costly process. UEG is here to assist your application process.We invest up to max. € 10,000 per consortium, to provide you with:
- excellent meeting facilities at the House of European Gastroenterology in Vienna or at UEG Week
- catering and other logistical meeting support onsite
- reimbursement of costs for accommodation & travel (economy airfare) related to your meeting(s)
- advice from our large community of top leading experts in digestive health, relevant to your research topic.
EU Funding: What UEG Can Offer
Download presentations on funding opportunities for digestive health research in Horizon 2020 and learn how your peers are managing European research grants.
Do not miss this year's Horizon 2020 Session at UEG Week Vienna to take place Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from 14:00-15:30, Room N1!It will follow the success of last years session entitled “EU Funding: What UEG can offer”, held on occasion of the 25th Week in Barcelona. Chaired by UEG President Michael Manns and UEG Research Board Chair Arthur Kaser, the session was dedicated to meet with peers managing European research grants in digestive health research and to explain how UEG can support your application to EU funding.
The 2017 session featured:
- an introduction on funding opportunities for digestive health research in Horizon 2020 (Rebecca Breuer)
- case studies and role models in digestive health research: from leading a Horizon 2020 research consortium (Philip Rosenstiel), to winning a Marie-Curie fellowship (Markus Tschurtschenthaler), to applying for an ERC grant (Harry Sokol)
- a presentation how UEG can effectively support your application to EU Funding (Arthur Kaser)
Meet at UEG Week and HEG!
UEG offers you excellent, cost-free facilities to meet with colleagues to kick-off and promote your research activities.
We invite you to hold your consortia meetings at the annual UEG Week and at the House of European GastroenteroloyWith a comprehensive range of captivating new research and up to 13,000 delegates from more than 110 countries, UEG Week is the place to be for clinicians and researchers in the field of digestive health. Our congress is held each year in October, in a different European city. If you are interested to seize this fruitful setting for your consortium meeting and to apply for a free meeting room at the venue, please download the application form and email the filled in form to Tina Waclawek. Submission deadline for UEG Week Vienna 2018 is Friday, September 7, 2018.
The UEG Headquarter is situated in the House of European Gastroenterology (HEG), in the heart of Vienna, near the City Hall in a 19th century building. Its unique charm is its combination of typically Viennese historic feel with a state-of-the-art modern adaption and interior design providing UEG with space for office facilities and ample meeting rooms of nearly 400 square metres. UEG offers the opportunity to use the House of European Gastroenterology for meetings in context of your European research projects concerned with digestive health - free of charge. If you are interested please contact Tina Waclawek.
Join the UEG Researchers Network
UEG is establishing a dedicated network and platform for exchange on EU funded research in digestive health.
If you have any questions or if you are interested to join, please just send a brief mail to Tina Waclawek.
General overview on EU Funding
The EU provides several funding programmes to improve the citizens’ health and to support a wide range of research.
Survey of digestive health in Europe
UEG survey data call for more research funding and greater political and public awareness of the burden of GI disorders.