Horizon 2020 Application Support
We support your pan-European consortium forming initiatives in the exploratory (pre-stage-I) phase of applications to Horizon 2020 funding. Via simple, competitive grants
Our mission is to facilitate research in digestive health. Applying for EU research funding is a time-consuming and costly process. UEG is here to assist your application process.We invest up to max. € 10,000 per consortium, to provide you with:
- excellent meeting facilities at the House of European Gastroenterology in Vienna or at UEG Week
- catering and other logistical meeting support onsite
- reimbursement of costs for accommodation & travel (economy airfare) related to your meeting(s)
- advice from our large community of top leading experts in digestive health, relevant to your research topic.
EU Funding: What UEG Can Offer
Download presentations on funding opportunities for digestive health research in Horizon 2020 and learn how your peers are managing European research grants in digestive health.
Do not miss this year's Horizon 2020 Session at UEG Week Vienna to take place Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from 14:00-15:30, Room N1!It will follow the success of last years session entitled “EU Funding: What UEG can offer”, held on occasion of the 25th Week in Barcelona. Chaired by UEG President Michael Manns and UEG Research Board Chair Arthur Kaser, the session was dedicated to meet with peers managing European research grants in digestive health research and to explain how UEG can support your application to EU funding.
The 2017 session featured:
- an introduction on funding opportunities for digestive health research in Horizon 2020 (Rebecca Breuer)
- case studies and role models in digestive health research: from leading a Horizon 2020 research consortium (Philip Rosenstiel), to winning a Marie-Curie fellowship (Markus Tschurtschenthaler), to applying for an ERC grant (Harry Sokol)
- a presentation how UEG can effectively support your application to EU Funding (Arthur Kaser)
Join the UEG Researchers Network
UEG is establishing a dedicated network and platform for exchange on EU funded research in digestive health.
If you have any questions or if you are interested to join, please just send a brief mail to Tina Waclawek.
Meet your colleagues in Vienna
The House of European Gastroenterology offers you facilities to meet with colleagues to kick-off and promote your research activities.
Meet with your colleagues at the UEG Headquarter in ViennaThe House of European Gastroenterology (HEG) is situated in the heart of Vienna, near the City Hall in a 19th century building. Its unique charm is its combination of typically Viennese historic feel with a state-of-the-art modern adaption and interior design providing UEG with space for office facilities for the Secretariat and ample meeting rooms of nearly 400 square metres.
A meeting place for researchers and consortiaUEG offers the opportunity to use the House of European Gastroenterology for meetings and educational activities in context of your European research projects in digestive health. Free of charge. If you are interested please get in touch with Tina Waclawek
General overview on EU Funding
The EU provides several funding programmes to improve the citizens’ health and to support a wide range of research.
Survey of digestive health in Europe
UEG survey data call for more research funding and greater political and public awareness of the burden of GI disorders.
UEG, Member of BioMed Alliance
Together we improve European funding for biomedical research and participation of researchers in decision making.